Zimbabwe Riding Safari
3 nights from £1,545pp (based on 2 sharing) excluding flights This three night safari is an animal lovers dream as you journey into the heart of one of Zimbabwe’s best national parks on horseback.
Request a Quote
The world is waiting…
+44 117 313 7070
This Zimbabwe Riding holiday is the perfect three day addition to any tailor-made trip. Take the opportunity to see the incredible wildlife of Hwange National Park from horseback as you journey into the bush for three unforgettable days. Spend your nights in a tented-camp in the heart of the park surrounded by the sounds nature and sleeping under a blanket of stars.
Day 1: Arrive Zimbabwe (L, D)
On arrival at Johannesburg Airport you will be met and transferred to Miombo Safari Camp. Enjoy lunch and settle into your room. In the afternoon you will meet the horses with plenty of tme to find your perfect equine match for the next three days.
Day 2: Hwange National Park (B, L, D)
After an early breakfast it’s time to saddle up for your first horse ride through Hwange National Park.
Hwange National Park lays claim to having the densest concentration of wildlife in Africa, with immense herds of buffalo and elephant and all the "big five" - elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo, leopard - as well as the acknowledged "little five" - the elephant shrew, rhino beetle, ant-lion, buffalo weaver and leopard tortoise.
You will reach your ready-prepared camp in time for lunch and enjoy a game drive or walk in the afternoon. Watch as the sun sets over the plains before returning to the camp for dinner and stories around the campfire.
Day 3: Hwange National Park (B, L, D)
Watch the sun rise before enjoying breakfast and heading back into the park for more game viewing from horseback. Enjoy a leisurely ride through the bush keeping your eyes peeled for parks famous elephant herds. Lunch is followed by a game drive and the evening is spent in your tented camp under the stars.
Day 4: Departure (B)
Pack up the horses and your belongings for the return ride to Miombo Safari Camp for your onwards journey.
Note: you will have a choice of a range of saddles from English, Aussie stock and McClellan’s. This is for experienced riders only no children under 16 years of age
- Round trip transfer Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Transfer between camps
- 3 night’s accommodation based on twin/double room inclusive tax and service charges
- Meals, drinks and activities - daily horseback safari with optional game drives and or guided walking in concession
- Meals as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Conservation donation to the Painted Dog Centre Services of Odyssey World’s local agents in South Africa & Botswana
- International flights and taxes
- Any applicable Visas
- Any meals other than those specified
- Anything not stated above
- Travel insurance
- Early check-in/late check-out charges unless otherwise stated
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, tips etc.
All itineraries shown can be amended to suit your personal requirements. To find out more, give us a call on 01453 883937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org